Long-form writing (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, March 24, 2022, 14:35 (757 days ago) @ CyberKN

Before Destiny, me too. I used to be a totally inverse to what I'm able to do now. I'd had have to make some 1000 or 2000 page thing, and I'd be lucky to manage two sentences. Destiny 1 Year 1 changed that.

How?

By being SUCH a disappointment to everything I had known Bungie to be all about. The whole sale choices both in and outside the game seemed so disgustingly inept, I found I was furiously sad, as a fan. And so I just... sat down into my pain, and wrote. AKA ART! And wrote. And wrote. Pouring my heart onto the page. Who, what, where, why why WHY! And that's my MEGA POST. That's where it started. Full stop. Once I realized what I made, I wanted to see if I could do it again. SO I tried doing some more long form things in different ways. Some successful, some... not so much. BUT THAT'S GOOD! Lessons learned. All of it proved to be excellent exercise.

Now I find myself considering writing a Movie Script and a Story Book, on top of everything else I want to do.

Life is weird. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That said, don't get too twisted either. My stuff here is more "ART" then "Professional", so that does tend to pad things a little.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread