Bungie, please give us films! (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, November 22, 2013, 09:44 (3810 days ago) @ Leviathan

I like that there is a built-in record feature for the next Gen, but I would so much rather have Theater Mode.

Totally! It's easy and accessible for all, especially when developers either don't care or don't have the time and resources to build a native recording feature. With that in mind, however, I really enjoy how Bungie's theatre mode caters to artists and gameplay recorders alike with free roaming and first/third person viewpoints.

Theater mode was essential to A Fistful of Arrows' quality. The McFarlane figures helped a lot as well, but Theater Mode added a whole new dimension to the references. I'd sit and take hundreds of screenshots from almost every level, zooming in and around the different characters to try and capture the details and postures.

That's why I couldn't do a Halo 4 comic even if I wanted to. I don't know how I'd be able to reach that caliber of references.

So I'm all for Theater mode. I could probably live without it, but if it wasn't in Destiny 1 since it's a radically different venture, I'd hope it could be included in a future installment once Bungie felt secure in this new universe's foundation.

Imagine if, like me, you didn't draw your comic!

Theater mode is definitely my favorite bell and whistle.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread