If only it was that easy... (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, November 22, 2013, 10:52 (3810 days ago) @ Kermit

What worries me reading about the twitch and upload and share functionality that's being offered in the next generation of consoles is how these features might discourage the development or inclusion of film features such as what Bungie has already provided in past games.

I don't have any interest in telling my console to record something while I'm in the middle of a game. I dig immersion. This breaks it big time.

There would have to be more limitations, since these features are obviously actual video clips of gameplay, which take up much more memory than a recording of inputs and settings (to be rendered in-engine when played), which is what Bungie has done heretofore.

Being able to detach a camera, and slow, speed up, or reverse time has been a godsend to so many fans for countless reasons. The creativity and enjoyment Bungie's film features have facilitated can't be easily measured.

Please, please, please let us have it.

Kermit

Don't get me wrong - if we got our selves a full theater mode for Destiny. Amazing. It's probably doable for the exclusively competitive multiplayer - as far as we know.

...but for the single-player/multiplayer hybrid? If you don't get your hopes up - you won't be disappointed.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread