Hello (Destiny)

by Anna Komnene, Monday, September 12, 2022, 17:48 (591 days ago)

Um, hi.

So, I'm posting this with some hesitation. Mainly, that it's not going to go over well. And by not well, I mean, well... not enough people will want to do this.

To start, I was a lapsed Destiny player from about 2017 until November 2021 (before that, it was early 2015 to 2017). In those four years -- and truth be told, those two years during the original Destiny -- I lost touch with many of the people I played Destiny with, people who even worked for Bungie. Dan Miller, Luke Timmins, Lars Bakken, Urk, Dawn (who's still Q&A at Bungie, I think). Dan doesn't work at Bungie anymore, Luke doesn't log into the account I'm friends with, and to make a long story short, the only person who I see regularly online anymore is Dawn, but when I reached out to her, she didn't respond. I'm not sure why, but I don't want to risk bothering her.

Anyway. I know this forum isn't... well, active as much as it once was. And that's a shame. Looking back at the first page of posts, you can see Marty, Dan, DeeJ, Urk, and a whole bunch of others posting here.

That's okay, I guess. People move on. I really wish I could go back to those days where you had this smaller place to post about video games, a place where you can interact with the people who make it, and there was a generally positive atmosphere about it all. But I guess that got all eaten up by bigger social media websites, right?

But I'm hoping there's still enough people around who are willing to do a kindness. See, I've been wanting to do some raids (or hell, even dungeons), but I honestly don't know where else to turn. I don't know enough people who play this game.

Can you guys help me out? Can we get some sort of team going? I originally did Vault of Glass back when it came out, but other than that, I haven't done any raid since the release of Destiny 2.

Claude, I'd love to play with you especially! If it helps, I used be Dax over at NeoGAF before that place turned out, well... not so great.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread