Howdy do. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Monday, September 12, 2022, 18:40 (683 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Um, hi.

So, I'm posting this with some hesitation. Mainly, that it's not going to go over well. And by not well, I mean, well... not enough people will want to do this.

To start, I was a lapsed Destiny player from about 2017 until November 2021 (before that, it was early 2015 to 2017). In those four years -- and truth be told, those two years during the original Destiny -- I lost touch with many of the people I played Destiny with, people who even worked for Bungie. Dan Miller, Luke Timmins, Lars Bakken, Urk, Dawn (who's still Q&A at Bungie, I think). Dan doesn't work at Bungie anymore, Luke doesn't log into the account I'm friends with, and to make a long story short, the only person who I see regularly online anymore is Dawn, but when I reached out to her, she didn't respond. I'm not sure why, but I don't want to risk bothering her.

Anyway. I know this forum isn't... well, active as much as it once was. And that's a shame. Looking back at the first page of posts, you can see Marty, Dan, DeeJ, Urk, and a whole bunch of others posting here.

That's okay, I guess. People move on. I really wish I could go back to those days where you had this smaller place to post about video games, a place where you can interact with the people who make it, and there was a generally positive atmosphere about it all. But I guess that got all eaten up by bigger social media websites, right?

OMG, I know right!

But I'm hoping there's still enough people around who are willing to do a kindness. See, I've been wanting to do some raids (or hell, even dungeons), but I honestly don't know where else to turn. I don't know enough people who play this game.

Can you guys help me out? Can we get some sort of team going? I originally did Vault of Glass back when it came out, but other than that, I haven't done any raid since the release of Destiny 2.

Claude, I'd love to play with you especially! If it helps, I used be Dax over at NeoGAF before that place turned out, well... not so great.

So, I'm in the same place when it comes to Raids, so I can't help much there. In fact, if you find a good group (and I have the time to give), take me with ya! Any who, extending an olive branch just to say if you need help with something I'm (for now) on often enough that I can usually jump on for whatever in the evening.

Also, no need to be timid! The only biter who still posts here is Robot Chicken, and we make sure he gets his necessary nano-feed daily. It's all good! ;D

Welcome! -or- Welcome back! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread