Some other thoughts (Destiny)

by Claude Errera @, Thursday, September 15, 2022, 12:14 (588 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

In addition to everything I stated above, maybe something can be done with the "news" section for this website. Claude, maybe you still have some connections at Bungie? Maybe somebody will be willing to sit down for an interview? Or perhaps DBO can reach out to some prominent Destiny community members?

I have some experience doing interviews for professional news websites, so I'd be willing to do something like this, especially if it's an interview with someone from Bungie.

Heh. Yeah, well...

I'm pretty much out of connections at Bungie - sad, but mostly true.

And the reason the twitter feed is dead is because the news feed is dead; the Twitter feed IS the news feed. (There was a short time in the early days when Colin was actually tweeting, outside of the automated news posts... but that time is long gone, and nobody's tweeted manually in more than half a decade.)

News posting gets done when one of the people who've asked for access posts something - and when those people run out of time, or interest... the news page goes quiet again. We're, again, long past the time when I had the drive do it myself... and really, I think the days of news-based gaming sites have been over for quite a while. Content is predominantly disseminated via bite-sized chunks (Twitter) or video (Twitch/YouTube/whatever). bungie.org is a dinosaur, and while there's still a small community, I'm under no illusions that this will ever change in any substantial way. (And really, I'm okay with that - when it WAS an audible voice, it ate a significant portion of my waking hours. I don't regret that for a single second - but I also don't want to go back to it.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread