Credible rumors of a new Marathon Game (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Sunday, October 23, 2022, 11:44 (550 days ago) @ electricpirate

I expect this to go as well as just-about everything else being "updated" these days. Substance with out a soul. It will have the look, and the art might be OH-MY SO-COOL... that's easy enough, easy being ever a relative term. But, the substance that brings the pictures to be worth viewing more than once I expect shall be watered down for a more "modern" audience. Like how last Splinter Cell (published just about a decade ago now ;_;) added an "Assault" game play style to a game known for its stealth mechanics. Ok, so, that might not be the best example, it being a decade old now and all, but... the jest of what I mean is there.

Can't really say much more than this old-man-yells-at-cloud griping. ...well, maybe one more thing.

"Live Service" OR, "how gaming is going to freaking EAT each other".

I've said it before, and I'm going to say it again; "There is only so much time in a day to play a game. Now - everything is...!ONLINE! here & !ALWAYS ON! there." You can't play them all. It's just not possible. "Live games" command too much time of the player to play anything else.

Where does it break? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Even IF we all stay in house, even if you could play Destiny & Marathon: Durandals Live Extravaganza Jamboree, would y'all? It's just... ugh.

"Stable Rampancy", indeed.

...Shit... I'm doing it. I'm going to go outside.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread