What is your favorite and least favorite raid? (Destiny)

by Morpheus @, High Charity, Wednesday, November 02, 2022, 14:04 (539 days ago) @ Anna Komnene

Such good times...

although I love Vault of Glass, my favorite would have to be Crota's End. Really if nothing else, the memories that have permanently lodged themselves into my brain. Nothing in the universe can ever top this moment. That music alone inspired me to be the best at my craft:swordbearing!

And there's another moment I always love—not gonna lie, I can't remember exactly who I shared this with, but I'm 90% sure it was with DBO. Doing the bridge encounter, most people were having trouble getting across in time to kill the Swordbearer Knight, and losing the only way to kill him. So the guy holding the bridge up on the far side in the middle had to continually sprint in a circle to keep the bridge up while avoiding the growing number of Sword Knights trying to kill him! Literally all I could hear was the constant WHOOSHING of swords, our middle guy(I think it was Funkmon, or Stabbim?) screaming and sobbing while literally running with his head cut off, and all of us laughing so hard we couldn't even do our jobs. I swear, I thought I was going to suffocate in real life from laughing so hard...

For Destiny 2 I'd definitely have to say Crown of Sorrow—even though the original Leviathan is real close. CoS nailed the whole Duality theme, and maintained it throughout the entire raid, but also kept it relatively short, so that it felt more like a Raid Lair instead.

As for least faves, it would have to be King's Fall. In my opinion, King's Fall is actually one of the best planned and most lore-perfect raids they've ever done. But what unfortunately knocks it to the bottom is the absolute rigidity in making the mechanics work. Not only do all six of you have to be perfect, but all six of your internet connections have to be perfect, too—otherwise you'll be in a constant state of wipes, even if everyone is doing their job and doing it right. Speaking of, in most cases even one death can be enough to tear a whole attempt apart, depending on the job, or again, the internet connection. And when it's not even your fault, you want to play less and less. I guarantee you at least 20% of my accumulated time in Destiny 1 was waiting for someone to answer an LFG in the final area. Not fun.

In D2, I'd have to agree with whoever said Garden of Salvation. None of that raid is fun to me. I've only played it twice in my life, and one of those was for Divinity. ALSO not fun. But even so, it has to tie with Spire of Stars. THAT junk was such a mess I ended up accidentally completing a full catalyst for Rat King—0 to 100—just on retries alone. Nope.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread