It's Rude to Suck at Warcraft (Gaming)

by cheapLEY @, Wednesday, November 30, 2022, 23:09 (483 days ago) @ Cody Miller

I don’t see that stuff as relevant to Destiny as it may seem.

Other than day one raiding with the Contest mode and maybe GM Nightfalls, nothing in Destiny requires optimization. Sure, it happens, and the “Need 150 clears, all Triumphs, Flawless, and Gjallarhorn” LFF memes exist for a reason, but it’s so unnecessary. Normal raids could be completed with all blue gear and no mods with terrible stat distribution.

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I don’t chase anything in Destiny because it’s necessary, but because it allows for more fun. My current Titan Arc build allows me to have almost 100% uptime on both my melee and grenade abilities. That wouldn’t be possible without high stat gear with correct stat distribution. It’s not needed for anything I actually do in the game, but it sure is a lot of fucking fun! I’m an unkillable Thunder God that makes Thor look like a punk, and that’s fun.

I’ll have to make time to watch that video. I also have never played WoW, but other than streamers doing day one raids, I’ve never really seen optimization pushed in Destiny that hard.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread