Agreed (Destiny)

by Robot Chickens, Thursday, November 16, 2023, 11:14 (164 days ago) @ Kermit

I suspect I'm the oldest who still posts here, so let me be cranky, Robot!

My bad. We all get to yell at clouds every once in a while.

I just wish Lorraine didn't have to spend so much time explaining the significance of the MacWorld demo, for example. You're right. I'm not being fair to Myelin, and she chose him.

I certainly know what it's like to be a newbie fan. I've gotten into post-WWII Japanese cinema lately, and as much as I enjoy it, I know there's as mountain of context I just can't get as a 21st century American, and that's okay. It's prompted me to read, and the more I learn, the more there is to appreciate, and there's something awesome about understanding the past. It keeps you humble about the present, for one thing. Circle of life, like you said. We tend to think of people in the past as different from us, but they're mostly not, for better or worse.

Truth. The context can change, but the hardware is largely the same. We love, hate, experience joy, grapple with what it means to feel secure and it rarely is an exception to the vast experience of humanity. Dead people's thoughts are often very insightful.

I feel like I should've kept my feelings to myself.

Nope. Judging by the responses, I think we all felt it. For me, it felt like a mischaracterization of genre (perhaps on our part).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread