Destiny and PC

by Sidola, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:03 (4082 days ago) @ Ragashingo
edited by Sidola, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 00:10

As for not being on PC. Maybe all the PC people are just jealous? They missed out on Halo and now it seems they will be missing out on Destiny.

Being a PC people, and having grown up with Halo 1 through 3, it's not as much jelaousy as accesability. I don't have a TV, and my 360 is about to die. And I definitely don't plan on buying the next gen consoles since I barely play on consoles anymore.

So this puts me in a seat where I'd have to buy a new console for one game, while I have a perfectly capable computer which could probably run the game just fine.

Then you also have the community aspect, back in the days of Halo 2, matchmaking was lively, people talked and harassed the shit out of you, nowadays everyone and their mothers are huddled up in private chats or barely even have a microphone. I don't really see that working in the MMO/Party-system whatever Bungie is aiming for...

Consoles are great for party games and shooters, but I have a hard time seeing a game with the depth Bungie is promising work in the console space. It just feels that they will have to cut a lot of complexity for the sake of usability.

These are just some of my concerns as a PC people...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread