Curious.

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Tuesday, February 19, 2013, 18:40 (4055 days ago) @ Leisandir

I feel like they said it would be available on PC waaaaay back when.

I experienced Halo, all of it, by going to hang out with a friend who had an XBOX. I finally purchased a 360 a few years ago, just in time for the next generation to be brought up, just so that I could replay the franchise and get H4. I was reeaally looking forward to playing this one at a desk.

I'm sure they've got statistics behind their decisision re: how bad it'll hurt business, so I can't make any wild claims about that. But I'm still peeved.

Can I ask why?

I was sort of peeved when MS bought Bungie and they switched from making games for the Mac to making games for the Xbox.

That meant I either had to start buying Xbox(es) or find something else to play.

I thought I'd pull a dirty trick-- buy an Xbox and ONLY Halo-- eventually, if everyone did that, they'd be forced to release on other platforms!

Except... the Xbox wasn't all bad, and there were plenty of good games to play.

Aside from 360 reliability-- which is and continues to be a HUGE issue (one I had in reserve just broke last week, way out of warranty, already repaired once) what is the objection that PC gamers have to the console? Is it the expense? Living room space? What?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread