"Star Trek: The Next Generation" Thread (Off-Topic)

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, December 08, 2013, 21:32 (3784 days ago)

Confession time:

I recently watched my first full episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I've always been familiar with Trek - as a kid, I watched a large swath of the Original Series with my Dad. In sixth grade, I dressed up as Spock for Halloween - complete with Mom-made science officer uniform and cheesy rubber ears. I've seen all of the movies except for Insurrection and Nemesis (though I barely remember Generations aside from zombie Captain Kirk riding a horse and the saucer section crashing). The internet introduced me to a fair number of clips from The Next Generation and I learned about all of the main characters (and their memes), but for some reason I never got around to watching a full episode of TNG.

Time to fix that. Netflix has the full run, so last week I started with S01-E01 and I'm already up to E07. I've heard the first two seasons are rough, but when I decide that a TV show is worth my time I'm compelled to watch every episode in order - even if there aren't a ton of overarching plot lines. (Partly because I hate spoilers, but mostly because I love callback jokes.)

Just thought that might be interesting to some of you Trekkies on DBO. I'll try to post impressions as I progress through each season. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread