Best gaming quotes in 2013 (Gaming)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, January 16, 2014, 18:39 (3758 days ago) @ Leviathan

How long/expansive is Blood Dragon? I've always wanted to get the full game after the demo, but wasn't sure if it justified the use of my starving bank account if it was a smaller experience.

It's short. Something like 13 outposts to reclaim (and those are fast) a variety of side missions (which usually last under 10 minutes) and then 7 or so main missions. I'd compare it's length to ODST, and like ODST, you can derive as much playtime out of the game as you really want (I think I squeezed 12 hours out of ODST on my first playthrough), it's just that the real bread and butter isn't very lengthy.

I've praised it highly to everyone I know (JDQuackers and ZackDark can attest to my praises on G+), and definitely think it's worth the full 15 dollar fee of admission. If not for the gameplay, than for the fantastic parody of modern FPS games, 80's action movies, and, well, the 80's in general. It doesn't take itself seriously at all, everything is over the top with tongue planted firmly in cheek, and it's very nearly a throwback to the FPS games of 10 or so years ago, where by the end of the game, you're entirely overpowered and nigh unstoppable.

So, while I can recommend it for the full 15 bucks, I get where you're coming from as I'm in the same position. I had my eye on it for awhile, but 15 bucks felt steep. Around Black Friday XBL had a sale on it that dropped the price 75-80%, and then they did it again very recently as a deal of the week. At anything under 5 bucks, it's a steal. So if you're looking to get it cheap, keep an eye on the marketplace deals. It may crop up again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread