Thanks for the feedback guys. (Gaming)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Thursday, January 16, 2014, 22:08 (3759 days ago) @ Leviathan

I really like synthesizers, the color pink, and grids, so I guess I'll pick it up when I finish the games in my queue.

Dude, play it ASAP. For serious. I think you'd probably really dig the art direction and the atmosphere, and the music is absolutely ACE. The music is actually what drew my attention to the game first, followed closely by the fact it was basically an 80's action movie. Honestly, a game this short can cut line in your queue.

(Need to finish GTA V, play Alan Wake, Blue Dragon, and Tomb Raider on this gen, then Shadow of Colossus and Republic Commando on the last...gah. I guess part of getting old is getting stressed out by the games you own.)

Wat? You haven't played Alan Wake either? So much hate gets piled on Alan Wake, and while some of it is perhaps justified (the combat and enemy variety), for my money the story is absolutely fantastic. It's a game where the atmosphere, the music, the story, the cinematics, everything is spot on and perfect. And the ending? The ending is killer.

The DLCs and American Nightmare are pretty good too. Not as great, but good. In some ways they feel like tacked on after thoughts. Chapters to the story that should've been saved for another game, or placed prior to the ending. But the plot and story they tell builds on what you know, so it wound up being worth it to me. As psyched as I am for Quantum Break, I'm extremely disappointed it's not another solid Alan Wake installment (a feeling Sam Lake seems to share).

Do yourself a favor when you finally sit down to play Alan Wake. Treat it like a TV show. Only play it when you have a really solid block of time to commit, and limit yourself to one Chapter at a time. There's a really solid ending to each chapter, and before the next one starts, they recap the story so far. I felt it made the experience all the better.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread