Thanks for the feedback guys. (Gaming)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Monday, January 20, 2014, 10:35 (3755 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Wat? You haven't played Alan Wake either? So much hate gets piled on Alan Wake, and while some of it is perhaps justified (the combat and enemy variety), for my money the story is absolutely fantastic. It's a game where the atmosphere, the music, the story, the cinematics, everything is spot on and perfect. And the ending? The ending is killer.

If I stopped liking everything the internet complained about and piled on, I'd love far fewer things, heh. I've played the first 20 minutes some months ago and it seemed cool, and well worth the $15 I payed for it. I'm also a fan of a lot of David Lynch's stuff and Twin Peaks, so the setting seemed especially suited to my surreal horror interests.

Do yourself a favor when you finally sit down to play Alan Wake. Treat it like a TV show. Only play it when you have a really solid block of time to commit, and limit yourself to one Chapter at a time. There's a really solid ending to each chapter, and before the next one starts, they recap the story so far. I felt it made the experience all the better.

Ah, the problem is... my girlfriend won't let me play Wake when she's home, hah. She's still angry about the nightmares she had while I played Fallout 3 in another room as off-kilter 1920's songs and screams seeped into her subconscious! I'll have to be very strategic with my scheduling. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread