Very entertaining. (Destiny)

by ncsuDuncan @, Friday, January 17, 2014, 22:16 (3758 days ago) @ urk

Well, we did miss a month, but I hope to keep them rolling at least once every other.

Heh, I originally had "monthly-ish" in my post but decided to give you partial credit for December's Game Informer podcast. (Though I was a bit disappointed in GI's production quality.)

Once every other month is still a steady enough pace that the podcast feels "alive" and consistent. It certainly outperforms most gaming studios - not that we really care about that anyways.

Suggestion for the next show? I was thinking enemy combatants, but not sure I can make it happen. What else?

Enemy combatants would be a good topic, plenty to talk about at this stage. (Compared to something like story/writing - though I'd eventually like to see someone like Dave Mongan on the show.)

Is it too early to sit down with a Sound Designer? Seems like we heard from Jay at roughly this point in the Reach timeline. Beyond that, I'd suggest Animation or Motion Capture. Troy, perhaps? I'm sure Tom Sanocki probably has some neat stories to tell as well.

I assume busy schedules are the major constraint. Do your guests spend much time preparing for the show beforehand or do they mostly just wing it? It's been hard to tell so far, which is great - plenty of interesting stories and talking points without sounding scripted.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread