15 Interesting Things *Speculation* * IMGs* (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, April 28, 2014, 23:04 (3657 days ago)
edited by Ragashingo, Monday, April 28, 2014, 23:38

I love long videos. So many interesting things to see. Lets get started. Note: A lot of these images are thumbnails. When in doubt try clicking to embiggen.

1. This logo always gets me excited.
[image]

2. Some Xbox love!
[image]

3. Ship customizations - Up until this point we've barely seen any ship customizations. Now, Bungie has given us a look at three diverse ships. The first ship looks a lot like the ships we have seen, but has an odd hump on top. Could this be some sort of radar dish? Might it affect gameplay. The second ship is a bit larger than the other two and looks sleek, powerful, and somehow extra deadly. The third ship... well it looks different. And cool.

[image] [image] [image]

4. Before we get into gameplay, take a look at the cool map of Old Russia. There's a couple of neat cosmetic things and something we'll be coming back to in a minute. First check out the old skool render of a Colony Ship and the Traveler:

[image] [image]

5. As our heroes charge in take note of the little bar above the ammo counter and powers display. This seems to be a Super charge bar. It appears to slowly charge when out of combat until it turns yellow and a Super attack is available. It appears that doing good things like reaching objectives and killing enemies helps charge this bar much faster. There are even times where x2 is listed beside the bar indicating that a Guardian has saved up two super attacks. The Hunter with his golden gun demonstrates this when he uses the ability but still has a full yellow bar remaining.

[image]

Also note the Warlock's Nova Bomb ability as our heroes clear out the final few enemies. That's not a Nova Bomb. Those are Nova Bombs

[image]

6. As the Guardians enter the building they pass a waypoint of some kind, but look down there in the corner:

[image] - That seems familiar...
[image] - Oh yeah!

What this says about the size of Destiny's maps is most certainly unclear, of course...

7. Inside our Hunter engages a pair of Hive Knights, but look at this ability. The Knight seems to put up some sort of shield of fiery Darkness. A grenade does the trick, but that's quite the interesting ability there!

[image]

8. Bungie does good skyboxes.

[image]

9. Deep inside our Guardians use a Ghost to hack a Mesh Generator. What is a mesh? Well... I think it is these orange laser like lines blocking the ways out:

[image] [image]

10. Oh! Look over there, in the upper left of the first image. It's a cloaked Fallen. Just to the left of the crosshairs... that lighter blob. Not overly hard to see once you know he's there, but might get a jump on you in heavy combat. A couple more of these guys are struck down by our team throughout the battle.

[image]

11. A lot of the damage you take in Destiny appears to just turn your screen redder and redder... assuming they weren't playing invincible again... but we do see a couple of examples of a health bar. When our Titan takes a hard hit a red "near death" bar appears. When he is revived it comes back again but is glowing blue. Why blue? Because he respawned with an Overshield, of course!

[image] [image]

Also note that the overlay that comes up on death appears to tell you just who exactly killed you. I wonder if the same will happen in multiplayer matches. Oh.. and on the left... that's a Ghost. :)

[image]

12. Have we seen this before? Once the Titan is back up he unloads on a Hive Wizard... only to have his shots resisted... They seem to do a little damage, but not much. Fortunately, the Titan's heavy weapon is some kind of rocket launcher!

[image]
[image]

13. With most of the enemies defeated a powerful Fallen appears. This Naksis seems to have some sort of glowing energy shield, but is fortunately quickly dispatched by a Thunderlord heavy machine gun!

[image]

14. Bungie does good skyboxes.

[image]
Did I mention that? :)

15. And finally... What is that?! This "God Machine" that the Fallen are protecting from both us and apparently the Hive doesn't seem to be the nicest thing in the world. It appears to be draining Fallen of their souls... but for what purpose?! Several Fallen appear to be dead and our guys haven't even gotten in the room yet!

[image]
[image]

Anyway, lots of good stuff right off the bat. I loved the feel of combat. It's nice seeing multiway battles come back. And the tension Bungie built up at the end as our heroes entered the Devils Lair was quite good! See anything I missed? I hope so. I feel like I'm just scratching the surface of this video!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread