Starting Point? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, April 30, 2014, 16:40 (3652 days ago) @ Zero

After a quick look, it seems that both parts of the message are errors for 2 different things, the first, an RX_ERR has to do with the NIC (Network Interface Card on a computer) when it cannot process it's incoming traffic because the L2 Ethernet frames are corrupted. Whatever that means, I'm not totally sure. Now, the second part, the CRC_FAIL error message. That apparently means that some of the files in the transmission did not survive the journey. Apparently Usenet has a system that can help recover the files called a Par2, but you still need a good amount of data in the first place to help fix the file.

If that has anything to do with this, I have no idea, but it could. I have also tried separating out the RGB channels in case the colors might help in decoding the message, but no luck with that so far.

Yep - First thing I did just in case. Can't with the second image - Grayscale, so no point.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread