Just to add to the dogpile here... (Destiny)

by Malagate @, Sea of Tranquility, Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 08:42 (3640 days ago) @ Xenos

I think that would be fun!

Although I have my doubts. I feel like it might take away from the "first chance to play our awesome game is at e3" vibe they've got right now.

That, plus e3 is still technically before summer officially starts (here in the US at least).

Also that would be before July which is the confirmed month the beta will be in.

While I agree it would be an even better promotional angle; imagine the effort required to pull that off. As tightly-controlled as pre-launch events/showcases tend to be, imagine opening the beta floodgates the same day you're literally on display to thousands of eager fans face-to-face. I think there's simply too much that could go wrong. Some technical hiccup that would otherwise go unnoticed (or shrugged off) by the community in the normal course of the beta would make for fairly embarrassing exposure in a setting like that. Better to show off the goods in an isolated test chamber where there aren't so many unknowns.

Besides, core gameplay is the important thing to show at E3. The seamless shared world stuff isn't super flashy on its face.

~m

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread