Destiny: Wot I think (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Friday, June 13, 2014, 14:49 (3576 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

...First of all, when you change the difficulty level, the enemies level up. Instead of making the enemies more aggressive, more numerous, and of different types, they become more powerful. This is a problem because your ability to do damage is pretty dependent on your gear and level. There’s an underground space in the game which contains a few enemies that have ??? as their level. Shoot them, and you do 1 damage. I don’t care how good you are, but you can’t kill them. That’s… bullshit.

I agree with this.

The other day while watching one of the posted streams the person playing posted the following:

1: it lowers your weapons stats on harder difficulties

I think this is a misinterpretation of the difficulty selection screen. The bar graphs display a percentage for each weapon. That's not how much it's being lowered, but how powerful relative to par it is. So if you switch to Legend and it says "Machine gun, -33%", that doesn't mean your gun is being lowered by a third, it means that Bungie thinks your gun is ⅔ as powerful as it should be in order to perform comfortably on that difficulty.

You can be on Legend and have it display positive percentages, meaning you are more powerful than you need to be.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread