Level 28? (Screengrabs) (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Friday, July 04, 2014, 12:03 (3556 days ago) @ SigbiasSilva
edited by INSANEdrive, Friday, July 04, 2014, 12:58

I had been wondering about this, 15 seconds in. Harold at level 33. If I had to guess 20 is the max per sub-type, meaning the true current max would be 60. Salt and all that.

[image]
All the same that means during the beta we will indeed be able to max out our characters (or at least a sub-type), as if it was "the full game launch".

Interesting that the Guardian here is displayed as two different levels. He's listed as level 20 on the upper left of the player screen, but on the upper right as 29.

Some talk on reddit suggests that the "light" stat listed here artificially boosts the players levels somewhat.

Either theory sounds plausible to me!

...or 20 is still the cap, the higher numbers denote something else. I keep seeing theories of which references to "Motes of Light", which is attributed to the Speaker. The more you "Rank", the more stuff you can purchase from him.

The Speaker is serious business.

Edit: I think this sums everything up nicely.

[image]

Theory meet Fact. So if you need 10 "Motes of light" you need to be level 30 to be able to purchase said armor item. Suddenly the "your armor and weapons will keep you in Destiny" quote (which I can't seem to find) has more context. :D

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread