Level 28? (Screengrabs) (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, July 06, 2014, 17:48 (3574 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

Edit: I think this sums everything up nicely.

[image]

Theory meet Fact. So if you need 10 "Motes of light" you need to be level 30 to be able to purchase said armor item. Suddenly the "your armor and weapons will keep you in Destiny" quote (which I can't seem to find) has more context. :D

This part got me thinking:

Light increases your level, increasing the damage your abilities deal against higher-level enemies.

Does that mean only abilities? I would think not, we've seen abilities, weapons, grenades, and armor (and vehicles?) are all treated similarly. What about the "higher-level enemies" part? That seems specific. Which enemies specifically are higher-leveled? Ones with high levels, or ones with higher levels than you?
It's probably a leap, but I think whatever "higher-level" means, this is or might be saying that once you reach the level of an enemy, leveling up more won't make you do more damage to them with a given attack, that it tops out at wherever it is when you're the same level as that enemy. This is very good news to me, it means early-game content won't all turn to tissue paper when you get leveled up enough to take on late-game content. I hope that's what that means, or if not, I hope it's true independently of what that means. If that is what it means, what does it mean for the stats that weapons have independent of Guardians, and their upgrades?
For example, a level 14 Guardian and a level 42 Guardian both using a level 6 Thunderlord doing the same damage to a level 12 Hive is good, because you can play together and both meaningfully contribute, but if you can upgrade your Thunderlord to level 15 and rip right through that previously semi-challenging level 12 Hive everything goes out of whack again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread