A short open letter to Bungie (Destiny)

by petetheduck, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 10:49 (3585 days ago)

I'm petetheduck and hi Bungie. In light of an unexpected surprise this morning, I wanted to say something.

In August 2000, PC Gamer Magazine had a demo disc that included a 10-minute, 150MB Halo movie. That was my first Bungie Moment, and--well, isn't that a little funny considering this week.

That Bungie Moment had me buy an Xbox for Halo, and--well, here we are. You've given me a decade of fantastic experiences, an incredible online community to participate in, a few digital brushings of shoulders, and so much more.

There is so much I could say about our time, but I think we can sum it up in that I was quickly made a Bungie fan that moment my Warthog exited what was clearly not a natural formation and I saw.. well, we all saw that, didn't we?

That feeling hasn't left me.

Thank you for the experiences you have created, and the experiences you are still in the process of creating. I am excited about Destiny. I am looking forward, trusting--knowing--that there are so many more Bungie Moments that I will have over the next decade.

On my Xbox One.

<3

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread