A short open letter to Bungie (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 11:21 (3585 days ago) @ petetheduck

I'm petetheduck and hi Bungie. In light of an unexpected surprise this morning, I wanted to say something.

In August 2000, PC Gamer Magazine had a demo disc that included a 10-minute, 150MB Halo movie. That was my first Bungie Moment, and--well, isn't that a little funny considering this week.

That Bungie Moment had me buy an Xbox for Halo, and--well, here we are. You've given me a decade of fantastic experiences, an incredible online community to participate in, a few digital brushings of shoulders, and so much more.

There is so much I could say about our time, but I think we can sum it up in that I was quickly made a Bungie fan that moment my Warthog exited what was clearly not a natural formation and I saw.. well, we all saw that, didn't we?

That feeling hasn't left me.

Thank you for the experiences you have created, and the experiences you are still in the process of creating. I am excited about Destiny. I am looking forward, trusting--knowing--that there are so many more Bungie Moments that I will have over the next decade.

On my Xbox One.

<3

Translation: Bungie you guys are still awesome, but for serious guys, find a way to put Forge in Destiny and all will be forgiven. I'll wag my tail and quack and everything.

-----

You didn't need to type this up pete, we know. No doubt, Bungie knows it too. All said, its still pretty cool that you felt you needed to write this up anyway, just in case. Respect.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread