But if the point of it is just the rewards (Destiny)

by Doooskey, Kansas City, MO, Monday, July 21, 2014, 06:16 (3569 days ago) @ kidtsunami

Part of me likes the concept, but it will change a lot when the full game comes out... I imagine the class gaps (Titan super armor) will expand, and the gear levels could vary a ton. I mostly enjoyed it, except for the few early mismatches we drew. (see below)

In the Beta it felt pretty similar to me to the regular crucible, with a few exceptions:

1. Kill times for Titans were much higher. I don't know how this is supposed to work... All classes have access to the same guns, but not the same armor - Titans get a big advantage on the armor. My opinion is, that if you want to run a lot of Iron Banner, build a strong Titan.

2. A 43 Attack Auto Rifle is far worse than a 62 Attack version. Obvious, but tried it out to see and feel the difference.

3. Warlocks seem under powered in the Iron Banner. Maybe because Intellect is not an earn-able stat in the Beta? The Warlocks strength is Space Magic, right? With the least amount of defense, and the same guns, Warlocks were 1-2 shots easier to kill.

4. Kill time is the same for a Nova Bomb. Can't run from this baby...

5. Level 5's on my team were worthless. Seriously, I had 3 guys in my fireteam, and got matched with multiple level 5's in my first 3 games... this was the biggest issue to me. Major, and random disadvantage.

I am really curious to see this in the full game. I still think it could be fun - I enjoyed it a lot in the Beta, even though I primarily ran it with a Warlock.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread