But if the point of it is just the rewards (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Monday, July 21, 2014, 15:45 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Yeah, I've seen that, and it's obviously very helpful.

I'd just like numbers so I could be even more exacting. But I'm the kind of guy who likes spreadsheets too, so...

You can't always go by numbers. Sometimes, you gotta feel it out.

I used a scout rifle for the longest time, but then acquired a green one. Looking at it, it appeared to be worse, since while it had a higher attack, the impact was lower. Tests indicated it did about 20% less damage. Sucks right?

Nope! It had a way higher rate of fire, plus higher stability, and I found I was able to kill guys much faster with it, since the decreased damage was more than offset by the faster firing and increased accuracy.

It sounds like you just forgot to take rate of fire into account. I can see how stability would be problematic but if they told us how it works we could figure out DPS and cones of fire, and then I'd be up to my ears in math just like I didn't want to be. If they are going to go this route, and at this point it's clear they are, I'd rather be able to do the math than have to test-fire to find out how much damage something does and how fast and how accurate it is and just generally if it's worth using.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread