Let me ask you both a question (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, July 21, 2014, 08:34 (3569 days ago) @ Cody Miller

How is that acceptable to you while the terminals were not?

TV screens are made for movies. Watching the terminal movies should be done on a TV. Having to stream them through waypoint makes then look like ass compared to a properly compressed video file on a disc. Therefore, using waypoint to watch terminals sucks.

Yes. We know this. 343 was lampooned (and rightly so) for this practice. Yet it will continue with MCC and H2A.

Reading on TV screens sucks. Therefore, it's completely fine to read cards on a phone, especially when you can vertically hold the phone and swipe to go trough cards that fill the whole screen.

Nope, gonna call bullshit on this and everyone else that says reading on a TV is harder (except for people like GV who are still playing on SDTVs with this gen of console).

-You're reading all the time in destiny
-you're reading about your guns
-you're reading about your armor
-you're reading about your items
-you're reading about your missions you unlock in explore
-you're reading about your missions on the star map
-you're reading about other players when they are near you
-you're reading about multiple notification all over the game, pertaining to you and other players

This text is fairly small and occurring all the time in the game.

Even if you are sitting really far back from your TV (and I honestly doubt that most of you are sitting that far back), you are still able to interpret this info, some of which doesn't hang on screen very long.

So trying to say it makes more sense to read these cards on your cell phone (which is even smaller, even if it is right in your face)is not flying with me.

Same with saying it's easier to swipe with your hand to browse through the cards- you can just as easily do this with your controller in the inventory area on your console of choice by pressing L1-R1-L2-R2-RT-LT or whatever.

The best example I can think of at the moment is Metroid Prime. If you've never played it, that game requires you scan essentially everything to learn more about it and the results come back to you in journal logs that you can read at any time (In the middle of battle, when things calm down, from pause etc). It worked there- why not here? What's the big road block? Is Bungie worried it can't trust it's own players to read about what they put in? Shouldn't be, because they're trusting that they'll pull it up on their phones or computers.

And back to that- Let me make myself clear that it's FINE you can pull them up on your phone or via the web at any time- great actually. You can be out in the real world with your friends etc and talk\share BUT, that doesn't mean that should be the only option. They should be view able in game.

But Rev, no one's gonna read that in the heat of battle!

I hear ya- not everyone likes to live as dangerously as I do- make them only readable in the tower after you download\translate them just like the engrams(?) you find.

Seems pretty simple to me.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread