Let me ask you both a question (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 21, 2014, 08:54 (3569 days ago) @ Revenant1988

I hear ya- not everyone likes to live as dangerously as I do- make them only readable in the tower after you download\translate them just like the engrams(?) you find.

I actually like this idea. It'd be really cool if there was a library where you could access them. In a game like Destiny which is dynamic the majority of the time, that's about the only place where you have the leisure to access your reading HUD and not die. As a matter of fact, the Tower probably exists just so you have a peaceful place to consume certain kinds of content. BTW, most of the content that you read regularly in Destiny is pertinent to the situation at hand. The Grimoire cards are different.

Context informs the experience. Sitting with Halsey's Journal in my hands was essential the experience. It being outside the game made it better. It extended the game world into my hands. I see the kind of information delivered only through the app or the web as similar. Non-essential, but informative and interesting. It's cool that I can take a break at work and read some Destiny lore. I have my boss to contend with, but that's better than me standing like a zombie in the game world while my team mates are like, "Dude, that Hive Acolyte is about to smash your head in."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread