Why wld not being on stage in April be "dissing" their fans?

by Smee, Friday, February 22, 2013, 14:25 (4089 days ago) @ stabbim

Sorry, I have tried to make myself more clear in a separate post, and rereading my posts have made it obvious to me that I am not very literate between 1 and 4 AM :P I should refrain from posting when I haven't had any sleep!

Since the PS4 announcement, I thought that many xbox fans have felt upset by the support Bungie has given the PS3/4. I don't agree with this sentiment, and I think it is mostly based on a lack of understanding on the fan's part. Many took the sony announcement to imply Bungie is now PS exclusive. Others might not have realised that a strong 720 message from Bungie will likely only happen after Microsoft themselves reveal more about the console. I thought these options counted as the "Bad Blood' Beckx was referring to.

When I said that lack of attendance would 'diss' the xbox fans, I meant that it would foster this mis-understanding that exists with many xbox fans. I tried to imply that Bungie would take every opportunity to ensure that they maintain a strong relationship with their largest fan base, Xbox. I think they will initially draw their biggest sales from that platform. I do not personally think that Bungie would deliberately insult the fan base, but rather their absence would be perceived in that way, making it a foregone conclusion that they WOULD attend.

It was not my intent to suggest Bungie are deliberately attempting to alienate or insult portions of their fan base, or demand that somehow that I (or xbox fans) are owed anything specifically. In actual truth the only reason I own a xbox is to play Bungie games. I happily followed them from the Mac when they transitioned to consoles in the first place.

I am sorry that my original post and followup was so badly worded!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread