Probably not a popular opinion but... (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, July 24, 2014, 15:21 (3569 days ago) @ TTL Demag0gue

I've just been reminding myself that this is a Beta. It's unfinished, incomplete. Maybe the finished game, when it ships, will rectify some of these issues. I, too, worry a bit about repetition becoming stale. It hasn't been (much) of an issue for me so far, but I could see it becoming one in the long-run, especially once I max out all my Guardian's attributes. I'm expecting to see a lot more of the glue that holds everything together become more apparent in September. I'm suspicious (and hopeful) that what we're seeing here is just scratching the dust on the surface of Destiny. I don't have an opinion one way or another on whether Bungie is using the Beta as a marketing ploy; I was sold on the game ages ago when they first announced it. Marketing is sure to be part of it, but Bungie also has a history of preferring to stress-test their systems before launch. I'm just happy to be able to sample the game this early on. :)

You said a lot of what I was thinking of saying in reply, and kapowaz also suggested that the full game will fix some of these issues. In particular, I hope the side missions mean more than they seem to now, but even if they don't perhaps the connectivity would allow for more variation and content to be added over time, and by that I mean invisibly--not the expansion packs.

The story is very important to me. The beta doesn't give me enough to form a solid opinion about any of it, but I also don't want more. I want many surprises in September.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread