It's definitely not Halo with magic (Destiny)

by Anton P. Nym (aka Steve) ⌂ @, London, Ontario, Canada, Saturday, July 26, 2014, 06:27 (3568 days ago) @ yakaman

It is a much faster paced game than Halo, which isn't good for me as I find myself getting "task-saturated" (too many things happening too quickly to decide upon, so no decisions get made) and losing my bearings. I'm having a heckuva time telling friend from foe, too; all too often by the time I realise that a target's hostile, the guy's already through my shields. The weaker shield mechanic doesn't help me there.

My experience in the Crucible wasn't too bad, at least no worse than my other multiplayer misadventures; my K/D is pathetic but at least I could help with objectives and draw fire away from allies long enough for them to do so some damage.

However my performance in Iron Banner matches wasn't even comedic for bystanders... just piteous. Show up, shoot, miss, die, respawn, lather, rinse, repeat. Either I have a lot of Halo habits to unlearn, or that playlist is absolutely not for me. I won't be going back.

-- Steve thinks this is massively aggravated by the complete dysfunction of party chat in the game over Xbox Live. Totally useless as-is; this must change before release.

PS: I love the story and explore modes to bits, though. Still considering a pre-order for one of the limited editions. (Not the one with the statue, though.)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread