Destiny wasn't fun for me. Sorry Bungie. (Destiny)

by Captain Spark @, Oregon, Sunday, July 27, 2014, 08:36 (3570 days ago)

I'll start off with the terrible voice acting from Peter Dinklage. I had to wonder if Peter phoned in his dialogue while suffering jet lag, a hang-over and maybe a few too many prescription drugs!

After I dressed up my character I finally found my way to earth. I quickly noticed that the graphics were not much better then Gears of War 2-3. I played Destiny on my 360, so I'm assuming the graphics are better on the PS4 and the Xbone?

My biggest complaint, in the roughly 5 hours of playing, was not knowing where to go.
There were nav markers that popped up from time to time, but when I followed them, I found I was led to the side of a cliff or a dead end or to a small raised area that had nothing there to indicate to me as to why I was led there at all.

I somehow walked into a Public Area and shortly after getting there, a mini version of the Halo Scarab with 6 legs materialized. I was under the impression that Destiny was going to be original! There were three other players in the area, and after what must have been thousands of rounds expended at this mini-scarab, we failed the objective. During the later part of this battle two of the players stopped doing anything and just hid behind a building waiting for the battle to end. I walked around hoping I would find a whiz-bang-super-intergalactic heavy weapon, but nothing was available.

I was not impressed with the enemy AI. It felt exactly like playing against those dumb ass Promethean Knights in Halo 4. Many of the enemies would dart behind an object and never move again. Oftentimes I would walk up to one and it just went still, it didn't fire it's weapons or attack....so I beat it to death. The melee felt powerful and satisfying....for me, this was the only fun I had in the game.

The second Public Area I got into was to do battle with an enemy that scampered around a bit, he couldn't be damaged by my cheese-puff shooting weapons. There were three other players in the area and after they saw that the enemy couldn't be killed, they literally dematerialized right in front of me. Eventually this enemy made his way back into a cave and the battle was over.

I walked inside a building and accidentally brushed up against an object, so I deployed my mini-343 Guilty Spark probe and it started, quite slowly, to investigate the object. As soon as I deployed mini-spark, I was overwhelmed by a horde of enemies, some of which acted not unlike some of the zombies in Left for Dead. I killed a few while walking back out of the area and I realized how bored I was with this game. So I shut it down and deleted it from my console.

I would like to mention that I fell asleep three times while playing Destiny. I attribute this to the battle field being so quite and so few enemies on the battlefield most of the time.

I would like to say that if I had been playing in a party I believe my experience would have been far better. I'm holding onto a glimmer of hope for this game.......

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread