Beta Thoughts, Strategies, Stories, and A Bug. (Destiny)

by Ragashingo ⌂, Official DBO Cryptarch, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:52 (3563 days ago)

The Destiny Beta was fun. Writing about it is… kinda hard. I tried to do sections but kept spiraling out of control as one thing linked to another and another. Destiny is very interconnected! Instead I went with a largely chronological approach. Imagine there’s lots of pictures and video… There’s not, because 360, but imagine! :)

All in all, the Beta was amazing. The core gameplay and enemies are very well done. The engine handles large numbers and distances and concurrent players without breaking a sweat, even on the 360. Yes, Old Russia started to get a bit old after three days, but I think even without anything beyond Earth, Moon, Mars, and Mercury this would be largely alleviated simply by mixing up which world you went to. I even found the PvP multiplayer to be enjoyable after a fairly long ramp from “this is terrible” to “this is great.” I think Destiny is going to be a great game and I can’t wait to play it again.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread