Beta Thoughts, Strategies, Stories, and A Bug. (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:47 (3561 days ago) @ Leviathan

My other favorite little things:
-The engine sound of the Sparrow.
-Throwing your knife as a Hunter. Literally one of the best experiences in the game.

I want to second these two in particular. Within seconds of using the Sparrow for the first time, it quickly became one of my favorite video game vehicles. The way it moves, how agile it is, even while boosting, that sound, how the engine groans and complains when you hit the air brake and pull a hairpin 180... It's amazing.

And that Throwing Knife? The Throwing Knife is ridiculously satisfying. To be fair, all three classes have extremely satisfying melees, but the Hunter had the best upgrade. One of my favorite moments was launching my Sparrow over the wing of a plane in the Mothyard at full tilt, bailing in mid air, breaking my fall with the double jump, turning and nailing one Fallen with a melee, throwing the knife at his friend and getting a perfect headshot, and then plugging a third with my scout rifle as he came out of the aircraft. I played so many encounters like that... The throwing knife is superb, and you don't get how truly badass and amazing it is until you've used it in the middle of a battle and landed a headshot with it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread