Beta Thoughts, Strategies, Stories, and A Bug. (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Tuesday, July 29, 2014, 16:11 (3562 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Pretty similar thoughts over here in my brain! I'd add that I'm actually intimidated by the enemies at times, especially at the beginning of the game and my first trip to the Moon. I was genuinely given to jumps and shrieks!

Playing with Beorn and Bluerunner before the Beta went public was also pretty fun because meeting a Guardian at all, even in the Tower, was truly something of note (at least on the 360). It felt like playing through Mass Effect and stumbling across another player-character coming from the other direction! "ANOTHER PERSON? Out here in the wild!?"

The descent into the Hellmouth with you and Mal was indeed awesome. I can't wait to do that every weekend (in new places) with the real game. Exploration is by far my favorite part of Destiny and it's really delivering on that front.

My other favorite little things:
-The engine sound of the Sparrow.
-The aurora of Old Russia at night.
-All of the immersive/dynamic loading screens and transitions. I love spaceships, planets, and excitable music.
-Seeing player's custom ships land at the Tower after they loaded in.
-The Interceptor's boost. One of the best boots in any game I've played - effects/sound/speed. Just right!
-Getting lost in the dark of the Moon and actually running from too-powerful bad guys. After Master Chief - that's a nice change.
-Creepy Russian background chatter.
-Names. Everybody has cool names. Dead Orbit might turn out to be a creep but his name is badass. As well as most of the guns.
-Throwing your knife as a Hunter. Literally one of the best experiences in the game.

... And I'm sure there's more.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread