Why are people leaving Bungie? (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 14:03 (3530 days ago) @ narcogen
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 14:14

When Bungie was 30 people any departure was a big deal, but people still did it back then-- look at Greg K and the rest of the Double Aught guys.

Then look at Certain Affinity.

Both of your examples are hilarious, because Double Aught and Certain Affinity never went anywhere or made a splash.

After Infinity, Double Aught folded. Certain Affinity never made anything good. Even high profile departures like Alex led to Wideload giving us one hilariously funny, but average game, and no other good ones before they folded.

It seems like the only person who has left Bungie (that I can think of) and has improved in terms of project output (notwithstanding anybody at 343, Halo 5 could be good) has been Max Dyckhoff who is now at Naughty Dog.

I realize there is a lot more to consider when choosing a career path. Stress, Money, Location, etc. I'd imagine though, that being a part of great projects has at least SOME consideration.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread