Last Two Telltale series were far from mediocre IMHO. NT (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 20, 2014, 15:03 (3526 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

I dunno man, I tried and started to play Walking Dead, but the hotspots are so poorly programmed I was fighting with the game's interface, so I just gave it up. That's adventure gaming 101.

Seriously? I never once had a problem.

First puzzle:

Unlock the cuffs so you can grab the gun.

I get the key, and mouse over the keyhole. Nothing. I struggle, and I die. Repeat. Still can;t get the key in the keyhole. I figure the key is a red herring, and look for something else. Finally, I discover the hotspot is not over the keyhole, but over the chain between the hands. I click the key over the chain, then he puts the key in the keyhole and unlocks the cuffs, never touching the chain.

Talking to characters required me to click on their elbows.

The camera sucks.

Maybe there was a patch or something and this has been fixed, but I already jumped ship.

I loved the Sam & Max games, and Back to the Future was alright, but after Walking Dead I'm a Telltale Deserter :-(

Must have been a PC Master Race issue then. I played it on the 360 and the only problem you've listed that I remember also experiencing was the camera angles being less than stellar at times.

Then you had to deal with the lack of an inverted look option then.

The horror ... the horror.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread