Legacy Characters in a 10 Year Franchise

by Chewbaccawakka @, The Great Green Pacific Northwest!, Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 17:49 (4077 days ago) @ Ragashingo

The reason I broke free from EVE is that after a few months it kinda turned into a time sink. I'd have to mine for dozens of hours to afford a ship, research for a month to be able to fly the ship, and the ship would go poof in under 5 minutes putting me back to mining. I couldn't justify sitting there targeting the next asteroid for my mining lasers when I could be having actual fun in one of many other games or activities.

Heh, I had a similar experience but with a dramatic difference. Getting a new ship was well and good, but what I enjoyed the most was flying out to some secluded asteroid belt and mining away! Nothing better than taking a load of ore back to the station, refine it, and then using it to manufacture supplies and munitions to sell on the market to other players.

In my (admittedly brief) time with EVE I think my ship was destroyed once by another player. Predominately I just flew my freighters around, no guns, just a crap ton of mining lasers blasting away. I really enjoyed it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread