Saturn (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 20:43 (3524 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No, I'm sure we'll see seven worlds eventually, I expect more than that over the next 10 or 12 or 14 years, even, but I thought it would be in this game. I know they don't owe it to me and they never promised it, that doesn't stop me from wanting it. I didn't expect seven planets or seven environments but I did expect it to be close

http://destiny.bungie.org/forum/index.php?id=30911

They have flat out said you can go to Saturn. If you can't, I will be disappointed even if it's in DLC.

well, crud

Bungie shot themselves in the foot. If they would have just said nothing or explained that a lot of that leaked concept art isn't illustrative of places you will actually go, it would have all been ok. They ran into this trouble because they hype about how massive a game this is, how game changing a game this is, with all that concept art out there. Naturally people expected 5 explorable areas on Earth because that's what was out there.

I don't remember any leaked concept art other than maybe a few things before the game was announced. I definitely don't remember anything about specifically have five explorable areas on Earth.

Also unless the final game is significantly different than the Beta, all that hype surrounding the shared world and social aspect is very misleading as well. The game is NOTHING like we were led to believe pre-alpha in that aspect.

This is going to sound really weasely, but as far as I can tell they haven't said anything about it being a social game outside of seeing other players in the world and fighting with them and teaming up with them through external means since since about the middle of spring, several months ago now, so maybe they're backing off from that message, maybe because they can't deliver a proper socially-oriented game. I agree it's BS though, certain capabilities should be there that weren't in the beta.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread