Is anyone else just not that excited for this? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Friday, September 05, 2014, 13:31 (3552 days ago) @ car15

I'm not that excited either, albeit in different ways.
Fun can make me excited. A good story can make me excited. Halo 3 and ODST and Reach, more Reach than the others, showed me that features can make me excited.
The fun is there. It's not head-and-shoulders above other games I like, or even clearly above any game that I like that much, but the fun factor is in play, and I think as I adjust to Destiny I'll have more fun with it. It's not fun enough to make me excited though (but then I'm not sure what I would consider to be so fun the prospect of it would make me excited). I feel like I still know very little about the story, overall, so I don't want to really even form an opinion on what I've seen and heard, and nothing about what I don't know makes me excited. The feature set is, well, not that good, so that doesn't excite me.
If I was buying it myself instead of getting it as a gift, I would purposefully not pre-order it or buy it on launch day (it would probably be one to three days later), because I think Bungie made some missteps, but I'm still looking forward to the game and the exploration and the story.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread