Destiny campaign left me Vexed *spoilers* (Destiny)

by CruelLEGACEY @, Toronto, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 09:52 (3523 days ago) @ petetheduck

"the Stranger is apparently disappointed too because she gives you her gun and ragequits--again with no explaination."

LOL!

Very well said, Pete.

I adore this game, but the story really is pathetic. I've always been the kind of person who doesn't need a great story to enjoy the game. I love strong storytelling when its there, but it is by no means a requirement for me to have fun. So if I'm complaining about it you know its gotta be bad.

With Halo, I never thought the story was particularly good, but I always knew where I was, what my objectives were, and why they were important. In Destiny, this is not the case.

Again, I am loving this game despite the poor storytelling. It's just a bit jarring when the rest of the game is so polished and refined. Even the voice acting feels rushed and half-baked for the most part.

Part of me hates speculating about stuff like this, but I can't help wondering if/how Joe Staten's departure fits in to all of this. Was the story in an incomplete state when he left? Or, was the project not clicking with him? Did Bungie make a conscious decision to put little focus on Destiny's narrative?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread