Do Destiny reviews make sense relative to Titanfall? (Destiny)

by ireallylovelists, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 07:12 (3522 days ago) @ NotTheVacuum

Yeah, this is my point.. I am not going to split hairs on Titanfall MP gameplay vs. Destiny Crucible gameplay.. Both are polished and competent and offer a lot unique interesting aspects.. I personally prefer the overall gunplay and management of supers/grenades/melees/movement in Destiny over the pieces in Titanfall, but it is really apples and oranges in my opinion and they are both high quality and Titanfall is not that clearly better (at least not to reviewers who are on average not that great at FPS and working within a limited amount of time for review for MP competence)..

Both games require some grinding for MP.. but I guess Destiny can be faulted for making some items harder to get by playing MP alone.

Nevertheless..

The review scores seem more punitive towards Bungie's arrogance (and Bungie definitely deservers some comeuppance).. but some of the review comments and scores are just absurd relative to other games in terms of longer term value proposition.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread