My Destiny Review: A deep and resounding... (Destiny)

by yakaman, Sunday, September 14, 2014, 13:32 (3522 days ago)

...meh?

My first question: what did they spend all that time and money on? All those resources? Where is the content?

Let me say that I have been playing a decent amount with old friends, and having a good time. However, we've all recently hit 20 and are starting to run out of stuff to do. Which leads to quotes like:

"Crucible sucks so bad, but I can't find good gear anywhere else".
"God, I hate Crucible, but I'll do it for the gear".

Real quotes from my friends - by the way. I'm not so much disappointed as mystified. Where is everything? Where is the space, the exploration? Where is the wonder? The story?

Shooting, jumping, killing, dancing - its all fun, but what now?

Crucible is what it is, and I won't re-hash my issues with it. But I will note a new one: my crappy DSL internet connection really makes playing the Crucible tough. It's the main reason I had a tough time with SWAT and even Snipers. I was also hoping for more from vehicles, but sadly not much has been change nor added.

I'll continue to play with my friends, because that it pretty goofy fun - and I thank Bungie for that. But I don't think I'll be playing this a ton after a few more weeks. I got my $60 bucks worth for sure, and I'd give this a solid 8 or 8.5.

Honestly, I'm having trouble feeling anything about it. It's a non-event.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread