Alright, THIS is the best Destiny review I've seen. By far. (Destiny)

by uberfoop @, Seattle-ish, Monday, September 22, 2014, 00:13 (3502 days ago) @ SIX min WHISTLE

I guess Halo and a few other games conditioned me for the low amount of in game story

Halo has a low amount of plot. Not a low amount of story.

Destiny has a huge amount of juicy lore, but a narrative structure barely exists: the missions themselves almost all have similar structure, so the gameplay hardly consists of effective building blocks for storytelling; the fact that missions take place in clusters in the same environment makes visual progression challenging; the fact that time-of-day isn't planned by the developer has similar issues (involving both color schema in a direct sense and abstract ways in which you can apply time-of-day to the narrative as seen strongly in Halo's 1 and ODST); the not-quite linear mission order has an obvious problematic effect on narrative structure; and on a plot level, although "important" according to some characters, the "main plot" doesn't really rise very far up from the general noise of smaller lore threads.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread