You're not doing anything wrong (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Monday, September 22, 2014, 07:39 (3525 days ago) @ yakaman
edited by Revenant1988, Monday, September 22, 2014, 07:46

I'm almost level 24 and have yet to stumble on any Legendary gear. In fact, I've only found maybe 5-6 legendary engrams, total. I also seem to get Rares and Uncommons at a relatively low rate.

I base this on my play time with my friends, whose drops (and subsequently gear) seem to be consistently better than mine.

Do guardians get a random luck score at conception? I mean, forget about Exotics, I can find shit for legendary. It seems most of the players I inspect will have at least 1 exotic, even if they of lower level (i.e. 20).

I have not done a ton of bounties or patrol missions, though I am starting to. Quite a bit of play in the Vanguard strikes, quite a bit of patrolling (i.e. random killing), very little Crucible.

Am I doing something wrong?

It is entirely luck based.

All of it.

There might be somethings you can do to "boost" your chances (like having a higher rank with the cryptarc) but it is essentially a lottery.

I'm about the same position as you in terms of rank and what you describe- and I've gotten no legendary items (except for a shader). I got my first exotic bounty yesterday morning, and it's been a pain. It forced me to play games in the crucible, which I was trying to avoid at all costs (I just don't enjoy it). What's funny though is as I was working my way through stage 4 of that bounty, I got ANOTHER exotic weapon bounty. No reason, it literally just happened. So, new rule, Rev only plays crucible if he's working on an exotic.

A couple of my friends, same level or higher have not had any of those yet.

YET, my fiance is playing with us last night- she's not a skilled MP person. She had a .25 k\d and the game gifted her Thunderlord because, screw you guys, reasons :P

It was pretty hilarious. I spent my whole sunday chasing and grinding this bounty, and she got one for existing!

Lottery dude. Lottery.

EDIT: While I have not gotten any legendary guns or armor, I DO seem to get a decent amount of rare materials that everyone else covets like ascendant shards. I'm sitting on a ton of resources like spin metal, plasteel, zero-point energy thingys and ascendant shards.

So....there's that?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread