What about buying upgrade materials? (Destiny)

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Monday, September 22, 2014, 12:27 (3524 days ago) @ Xenos

...that you could purchase rare currency with glimmer. 5,000gl for a Strange Coin? DONE.

This was actually a thing last weekend until players found a way to abuse the system. I believe it was every time you create a character you would get a certain amount of glimmer- peeps would just keep doing that. So I've read anyways, I'm not actually certain.

It was actually that each character could buy a certain number of strange coins for only glimmer, and then it would ask for materials in addition. So to avoid having to go look for materials they would create a new character, buy strange coins, put them in the vault, delete the character, then create a new one.

Ah okay, that makes sense. I knew there was a way people were abusing the system by creating new characters, but I wasn't sure of the specifics.

Anyways, if you can't buy Strange Coins or other currencies, it'd be great to be able to buy upgrade materials from vendors (Spinmetal, Spirit Bloom, etc.) for Glimmer. Just something to do with all the Glimmer you have after you get to level 20.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread