I've got to rank up! (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Friday, October 03, 2014, 10:07 (3503 days ago) @ Kermit

Okay, so the fates haven't not been particularly kind, I haven't had that much time to play this week, and when I've played I haven't progressed that much. I still sitting about halfway through level 25, and I want to play the Raid tomorrow. I need to get to 26, but I'd prefer to get to 27.

So, here's the deal. I'm level one with Dead Orbit. Last night I was told that I really should focus on Vanguard unless I want to play a lot of Crucible matches (which isn't that bad), so I switched, and now I'm a level 1 Vanguard. I need to get to level three to buy legendary weapons and armor, right? I'm assuming that the best thing for me to play is the Vanguard Tiger Strike playlist as much as I can before 12 EDT tomorrow. I've already got a legendary helmet and legendary chest armor, and I've heard that's all you get from the Queen's missions.

Does anyone have better advice?

Feel free to join me if you want to help (on either Xbox).

I'll be glad when this push is done, and I can go back to just playing the game, which I do find to be a lot of fun.

Kermit

You can get legendary weapons from the queen's playlist- I got two snipers out of it.

It's an option, I suppose.

You're pretty much on track. Ditch your faction for now- you can work for them later.

*I think* you need only vanguard level 2, to get more armors. Remember that upgrading the current legendary armors you have now will also increase their light, boosting your level. So, if you already have a queen's chest plate that you've sunk half your resources into, don't buy a vanguard chest piece yet, as you might very well loose light until you upgrade THAT armor.

If you can complete the weekly nightfall strike, you should boost your rep earning potential for doing vanguard strikes.

Also, do the vanguard bounties. Most of them are 'gimmies' in the sense that if you are tasked with playing a strike and not dying, and you were going into the strike playlist anyway.... When I get those and I don't have friends, I just run through a quick lvl 22 strike.

I'm sure others will disagree with me, but I think legendary armor seems to matter more than legendary weapons, at least at first. If you've already got yourself some rare weapons and they've been maxed out, use em! I went in as a 25 and wasn't a hindrance.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread