I've got to rank up! (Destiny)

by SIX min WHISTLE @, Michigan, Friday, October 03, 2014, 10:23 (3503 days ago) @ Kermit

Do the Vanguard bounties for today first, the Daily Heroic Mission if possible, and the Weekly too. Then yeah, grinding the highest possible Strike playlist is you best bet beyond that.

Make sure to upgrade at least the Legendary armor you have as much as you can. I would say Rare too but you'll want to replace that if possible. If you can't by tomorrow and you're close, you can still hit 26 with one leveled up Rare piece of gear.

If you have enough Strange Coins, maybe give Xur a visit and get an Exotic piece of gear.

As far as buying gear from the Vanguard or whatever, just keep in mind you can only carry 200 Marks, and there is a limit of 100 earned per week. If you only need Arms and Legs, this should be alright if you started with at least 30 going into the week. You can get extra Marks beyond the 100 weekly limit by turning in upgrade components.

As far as Rev said, good weapons do help a good amount, but a higher Light level ups both your damage output AND armor level, keeping you alive longer and more helpful at killing the billion enemies in the Vault. I wouldn't count on getting the sniper from the Queen stuff though, I played about 12 or 13 and only got helmets and chests. It's not worth farming unless you get what you want since you can't farm Ascendant Shards there anymore, or Vanguard rep or other useful stuff, and getting a good weapon is just up to the RNG gods. I guess it's slightly better odds than in other playlists, but other playlists also give you a lot of useful items to at least breakdown instead of junk helmets that only give you your classes armor parts.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread