GameInformer reports Destiny will have ADS

by SigbiasSilva @, West Midlands, England, Tuesday, March 05, 2013, 19:57 (4070 days ago) @ Mr Daax

Not sure how I feel about this. The mechanic itself I am okay with in other games that feature it. Maybe I was thinking that Destiny, as far as it's game mechanics (particularly shooting), would feel similar to Halo, and I was looking forward to that. Ah well, we shall see.

It could still feel much like Halo, and that's the vibe I get from the quick glimpses we've seen of characters running. But that's just me guessing and being hopeful, I suppose. Aiming down sights itself, though, can be a pretty variable mechanic.

It could function much like it does in CoD, in which it's almost always the way to go for a kill. Most people would aim down the sight, even if for the briefest of bursts, unless someone was pressed almost right against you. You're shooting blind otherwise.

That's the opposite of what I'm hoping for.

I'm hoping that it'd function like a level of zoom in Halo. If we think of scoped weapons like the DMR, but without the scope itself? Or weapons in Halo that have no scope at all. Now with iron sights. It'd be useful to have that tiny extra zoom for closing in on the occasional kill, though not all the time, as it doesn't quite mix with running and gunning if there's heavy emphasis.

In Halo, you'd often rather not zoom with the DMR or other scoped guns, and here maybe we'd rather have the ability to occasionally look down the sights for that extra tiny bit of accuracy, while otherwise freely firing from the hip with great success.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread